Tue, 28 Feb|
Level 3 Forest School Training Feb 2023
Our accredited Level 3 Forest School Leader training course aims to provide trainees with all the skills they’ll need to lead rich and creative Forest School sessions in a safe natural environment.
Time & Location
28 Feb, 09:15 – 16 Mar, 16:45
Morden, Morden SM4 4SF, UK
About the course
Our accredited Level 3 Forest School Leader training course aims to provide trainees with all the skills they’ll need to lead rich and creative Forest School sessions in a safe natural environment. You can click here to view our full brochure.
The Level 3 course will prepare you to plan, deliver and monitor all aspects of a Forest School programme. We will discuss up to date theories on the Forest School approach to learning, the holistic development of Forest School learners and a positive attitude to risk taking.
The practical outdoor learning will include tool use and the safe lighting, management and use of a campfire in a Forest School setting, safe use of a range of hand tools and a variety of outdoor games and activities. Also covered will be the identification of woodland flora and fauna, and the sustainable use of woodland resources within the context of Forest School.
The course is structured around five units:
• The curriculum that underpins the Forest School ethos.
• The knowledge of child-centred learning and play in nature.
• The planning and preparation key to successful sessions.
• The range of practical skills supporting Forest School.
• The knowledge that allows the sustainable use of woodlands and natural materials for learning.
• Skills days to assess your practical skills.
It is designed to meet the needs of teachers, youth workers, students, parents, carers and those interested in the ethos.
What will I need for the course?
The course will be predominately outside so please make sure you bring the following with you each day:
• Packed lunch, water, and snacks. • Suitable outdoor clothing for weather conditions. • Stout shoes or boots. Please do not wear sandals.
• A camera can be useful for recording some of the activities.
• Notebook and pen.
Participants should be over 21 and should hold a qualification at Level 2 or above in teaching, preschool education, youth work or have significant experience working with young people outdoors.
Location: Morden park
Duration: 8 practical days including 2 skill days. A coursework portfolio will need to be completed 12 months after the last practical day. Course dates: 28th Feb - 2nd March, 7th - 9th March, 15th - 16th March. The training days will run from 9.15am till 4.45pm each day.